Sunday, August 14, 2011

Art In The Yard 3



So this week has been really jam packed! As I mentioned last week (toward the end of the blog) we are having an art show this weekend. I will be covering the event for the most prestigious blog in the world…. The Penguin Gazette (UH HUH THAT’S RIGHT SUCKA FISH)! With any luck I will not be the only one to cover the show. Over the last few weeks I have been promoting the show like crazy, at concerts, farmer’s markets, award shows, grocery stores and banks (hey that is where they keep the money). What I mean by not being the only “one to cover the show” is at some of these events I ran into local celebs. No names but they are musicians, publicists, band managers, and local TV reporters from various stations here in San Diego. We are hoping that this labor of love (and what a labor it has been) gets a good crowd and some exposure for our artists and vendors.

We have been getting ready for this show for months now but no matter how long we prep there never seems to be enough time in the day. Everyday our house has been filled with very beautiful artwork on my wife’s end and I can only imagine how the other artists are preparing for this annual event. The problem with our house being filled with art is while it’s great to see new creations; we live in a “slave cottage” as my wife puts it…..small very small. Nonetheless with every new painting and every inch of the house we lose to art we are getting so excited we can’t stand it. We have had little time for much else, including food and sleep. This week has even put a hold on our workout and weekly date with the grandparents ( 6thmissed date in about 2 years all for uncontrollable reasons). I would’ve taken pictures of the past few weeks, but my wife probably would have shot me for revealing her art and showing her technique (Erykah Badu said it best…”I’m an artist and I’m sensitive about my shit”) so I figured hmmmm not so much. Besides I will be taking plenty of pictures for next week’s blog, and when I help make her website hopefully she will let me show the world some of her process. Not sure if I want to hold my breath but be on the lookout for her site coming soon (tune in next week for her name…oooooh mysterious like)!  

So until then I will be leaving you with this short post because as I’ve mentioned earlier so much to do and so little time! Be well and tune in next week for pictures and maybe some video!

-Editor & Chief of The Penguin Gazette,

Rudy

P.S. I'd love to hear what you think about this topic. Comment below.

4 comments:

  1. So I don't suppose any of our MSPaint 'art' is welcome at this show?

    Kidding.

    Thanks for stopping by, and good luck with your show! I too live in a small house, but I find that a lot of art adds character and makes things feel cozy. Or at least I tell myself that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the show, mate; following and supporting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds really interesting! :O
    Would like to see photos from the show :D
    +follow!

    ReplyDelete