Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Laura Dowding.....the KICKSTARTER

Hey Everyone,

Remember last week when I told you that I would be giving you info on Laura Dowding's KICKSTARTER? Well here it is straight from her mouth to your ears! Please check it out and lets help her her reach her goal!


 Dear Friends,

I am FINALLY at the tail end of my album!!!!!! HOORAY!!!! But I need your help to finish it!! 

We are launching a fundraiser on September 24th at Kickstarter.com to raise money to finish my album and to make a music video, launching the start of my career!!!!

Many people have worked long hours making this album greater than I could have ever imagined. I would venture to say that over 700 hours have been dedicated to making this an album that you are really going to love. However there are just two more things that we need to make happen that are really crucial to my career taking off. 

I have poured my heart and soul into this album, working for days straight to get it to the level of professionalism that I think it deserves. The average album cost about $200,000 dollars to make. I have been blessed with the opportunity to know many selfless, immensely talented people in the time I have lived in California, and with their help, this album has cost less than $1000 dollars to this point, while still maintaining the same high quality professional sound of any other album being put out. I have tried my very hardest to play as many of the roles for the album as possible, such as audio engineer, arranger, producer, contractor and many more not including being the artist! That being said, I am not equipped with the knowledge it takes to mix and master an album. The album is completely finished except for this part. I need $5000 dollars to finish this album so it is can be at the competitive level of any album out in the music industry. 

The next step after the album is complete, is to use my resources to market the album. Many people in the music industry have taken different avenues to promote the release of their album, and my best resource, having worked and lived in Los Angeles, is the film industry. The second part of the fundraising is to raise $5000 dollars to make an extremely high quality, professional music video to draw attention to the album. The song we have chosen to do a music video for is a song called “Chasing Bombs” about a friend of mine who has served one tour of duty in Iraq and two in Afghanistan. If we raise the money we are hoping to release the video for Veteran’s Day, to honor all soldiers, past present and future. 

I am asking that everyone who receives a letter from me donates as close to $50 dollars as possible. The reason for the $50 mark is that if everyone who receives a letter can raise $50 dollars to donate, I will reach my goal!! That can look like anything you want, whether that means rallying your friends and family to help out and pool the $50 together, or if you have the means to do so on your own. Of course, every penny counts, and you can absolutely feel free to donate as much or as little as you feel like you can. (and if you can’t donate, or don’t want to, I still love you ). There are different levels of prizes for the different amounts donated, the higher the donation the bigger the reward. I think one of the best rewards we are offering is for a donation of $35 dollars, we will implement a picture in the video of a loved one, or someone you know who has served or is serving. We really want to respect and honor every soldier this Veteran’s Day, and we want to represent as many of them  as possible. 

Please consider donating even $5 dollars, especially if you plan on buying the album anyway. 

The other way you could help is by spreading the word. If you know people who you think would be interested in helping PLEASE forward them this letter. And Please let me know if I can reach out to anyone you think would be interested. 

This fundraiser is really going to make the difference in the start of my career. My music is all about speaking out for issues and being a voice for people. I can’t think of any better way with the election and Veteran’s Day right around the corner than to speak out about the respect and honor and recognition our troops deserve. I can’t send you the song just yet, because we need to finish the album, but I thought if I sent you the lyrics to the song, it might help you get an idea of what the video might look like, what the album might look like and what my music is all about. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO EVEN READ THIS. PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING ANY SIZE DONATION. GO TO KICKSTARTER.COM/LAURADOWDING or LAURADOWDING.COM TO MAKE A DONATION.

You can find additional information about the breakdown of the money on kickstarter, and if you have any questions about the fundraiser please email me at laura@lauradowding.com

All my love,

Laura




(Kickstarter doesn't take funds from your account until October 24th at the end of the Kickstarter)

There you go guys, again thank you for all your support in advance, and until we meet again STAY COOL!

Editor in Chief of The Penguin Gazette,

Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment