Friday, June 10, 2011

Entitled Little Bastards and "Takers"

I get so tired of those people that take everything you do for them for granted.  Its like they feel that everything is owed to them simply because they are breathing.  They never want to do anything for anyone else but expect everything to be done for them. Personally..... I think these people need to get the shit slapped out of them!  They need to be told that this spoiled, me, me, me attitude is not going to cut it in the real world, but if it has worked for them then the door mats that have enabled this attitude need to be beaten as well.  I mean seriously people, these entitled little brats must be stopped and it starts with the people that have raised them to believe that acting this way is OK.

Anyone who has known me for a while knows that i used to work in the child care profession for a few years right out of high school (no i didn't look like i do now, believe it or not i was super clean cut w/no piercings and or tattoos, nor did i have the sarcastic demeanor that i have now...but it helped me develop one), and I heard some of the craziest things come out of parents mouths as to why their little monster acts up. For example when my wife was working with the pre-school  program a mother came in with 3 of the 4 kids that she usually has, and when my wife asked her where her 3 year old was , she  said that her child did not want to put shoes on and stayed in the car. When my wife told me this story my brain froze and while my job wouldn’t allow me to speak my mind on that, I was really thinking “SERIOUSLY WOMAN?! This is a child...YOU’RE CHILD....you put the shoes on the kid and make them march where ever you want them to. YOU ARE THE ADULT, RIGHT!!!??? You don't let some little kid dictate what they are going to do. That's how you end up with the spoiled little bastards that people hate because of their behavior.” .

My personal favorite (not really) response for why someone’s kid is acting up is as follows, (and i think those of us that have worked childcare know this one).... ME: “Your child would not listen to a word I said and was basically not having a very productive day.” DUMB PARENT: “Oh, my child is just a free spirit, and we don’t normally put too much structure and or enforce too many rules because we feel it will stifle our child’s creativity.”  ME: “Oh... I see.” ........which in my head translates to... “So what you are telling me is that you are the laziest parents ever, right? I understand that you don’t want to shut down a kids imagination because soon that is all that we will have left, but come the hell on! Teach your kid the basics of home training! When an adult of authority addresses them (unless they are being extremely rude and disrespectful,because no one deserves that unless you provoke them) you respond accordingly, with the level of respect that you want back IE the golden rule.

You should also teach kids that there are rules that they will eventually have to follow so people will want to socialize with them when they get older.  PARENTS teach you kids some respect, graciousness and humility. Teach them how to care about more than just what benefits them. If they can learn that it will make them a more well rounded person. They will be much happier as a result, because people might actually like them.....and it will keep them from growing into superficial, selfish “adults”. Which leads me to my next topic “TAKERS”.

“Takers” are the adult versions of the entitled little brats above. They are a product of parents that spent too much time trying to be their “best friend” by giving them everything they wanted and never teaching them how to appreciate anything or anyone past the point of getting it. They will take every last drop of kindness that you offer up and then wring out the rest because they think they deserve it....and if you let them....well you remember what i said about door mats a few paragraphs above, right? Yup slapped in the face...RIGHT IN THE FACE! Anyways back to the point....”takers” will do just that, take everything, except your  feelings into consideration, and the moment you stop doing things that benefit them, then and only then will they notice something other than themselves. They will then notice how you stopped giving them what they want, and don’t even dare to scold them about their selfishness because they won’t believe it being that they are “perfect”.

I’ll give you an example... So there is this person my family knows that has been pretty much taking all the responsibility for their granddaughter for many years. When i say taking the responsibility for her, i mean in almost every way imaginable especially financially. This woman (we’ll call her Benni short for Benefactor) forks over 300 a week for this girls, her tuition...that's right she’s in college.... and her plane tickets to and from school. You would think that this girl would be happy and grateful that even though she works and makes her own cash that someone else is willing to foot the bill for a majority of her expenses.... WRONG!!!!!! She complains whenever a payment is missed like she is some kind of damned credit agency!

suRprise, suRprise (the R is added for that Gomer Pile sound) no Goldie, no calls, no texts, no nothing! Now Benni had church that afternoon and Goldie knew that but continued to be unavailable for the majority of the day. Benni had to call someone for a ride to church and shortly after arriving guess who called to say she was home...your “girl” Goldie, with no apology to be heard. When Benni told her how spoiled she was...this chick had the nerve to tell her and I quote “Well its your fault, you made me this way!”. I would probably have backhanded her into next week for that (shit i sound old) little comment.

That is a true “taker” if ever I have seen one. She gets what she needs out of you and then drops you like a fly. Pretty damn ridiculous huh? Well Benni might be winning this battle because as of late, she has told Goldie’s mother (almost forgot she had one because Benni takes care of her) that she will no longer be paying for Goldie’s expenses and that she would have to find her own way home from now on! Sounds pretty promising, but she has been taking care of Goldie for quite some time and who knows what will happen once Goldie tries to put the old sad eyes on Benni. I hope she stays true to her word so Goldie is forced to learn how to do things on her own and hopefully learn a lesson about how to be a little kinder to those people that want to take the time to try and help her, but some people will probably never learn that lesson.

Now I know my views may seem to be old fashioned and harsh but I was brought up with rules and discipline and I’m pretty sure most of you were too and we all turned out OK (I say this with a slight tick as visions of paddles with holes cut in them for speed and waffle effect run through my head. LMFAO)! How hard is it to say please and thank you for what you want and what you are given?  Be gracious, it is an excellent quality in a person.   Imagine if everyone just walked around being completely selfish all the time, there would probably be a lot more people ready to fight everyone as opposed to people willing to help out those less fortunate. You know the old saying “You get more flies with honey then you do by being a douche bag”....wait....is that not how that saying goes?Oh well it gets the point across lol!

Well i think that's about it for this issue of the gazette.Thank you for reading and pass the word. I’m letting you all know that I am in no way done with this topic, as new things that these people do happen all the time and people will continue to say things to enable the entitled on a daily basis, giving me plenty of material to blog to you fine people about.  So I here by reserve the right to rant and expand on this at a later date. Until then I leave you with these parting words.....PARTING WORDS!!!


-Editor & Chief of The Penguin Gazette,

Rudy

P.S. I'd love to hear what you think about this topic. Comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Well, the only point where I differ is that Benni is right, Grandma did create that monster. So, there shouldn't be any surprise. And if grandma realized she created an asshole, then I hope she is willing to plug up that asshole with some hard-love.

    Now, Benni on the other hand, I do not give a pass to people who know they are assholes. As an adult, one has the option to chose whether to continue to be a 'taker' (aka asshole), or to turn over a new leaf. Choosing to continue to be a 'taker' turns the person directly from an asshole that wears a douche bag mask, to hide the hideous look of selfishness that dominates their world.

    These are the kinds of folks we all enjoy laughing at when then #majorfail. These are the folks who we aren't willing to lift a finger, cause like Chicken Little it's impossible to know when they are ACTUALLY in need. Yet, it's these folks who have had a disproportionate amount of resources pumped into them (money, attention, etc), who owe the world a little pay it forward.

    I hope your Benni person gets the picture, before too many dors are permanently closed in his or her face.

    ReplyDelete